A Patent Attorney With Real-World Experience
I have successfully represented inventors for ten years. The focus of my practice is U.S. patent law with an emphasis on patent preparation and patent prosecution. Before becoming an attorney, I worked as a chemical engineer in petrochemical manufacturing facilities. As a result, I am able to understand the technical aspects of your invention better than many patent attorneys. Read more about my credentials at this link: Laurie A. Schlichter
My Mission As Your Patent Attorney
I help inventors secure patent protection for their inventions by adhering to these core values.
- Quality: I am dedicated to providing high-quality legal services. I put my well-honed writing skills to good use when preparing and prosecuting patent applications. Fellow attorneys have praised my writing style as logical and well-organized. You can be confident that the documents I draft for you will be of superior quality.
- Cost: I am determined to provide cost-effective legal services. I have developed an efficient work style that enables me to address your needs in a minimal amount of time. I combine my efficiency with a reasonable hourly rate to achieve cost savings for you. My law firm is a virtual firm, which keeps overhead to a minimum. As a result, you benefit from additional cost savings.
- Commitment: I am committed to providing client-oriented legal services. I form a purpose-driven partnership with each of my clients. Your goals become my goals. I am invested in your success. You want to obtain patent protection for your invention and so do I.
- Communication: I make communicating with my clients a top priority. I will communicate with you on a regular basis to ensure you know what I am doing for you and why I am doing it. I am very receptive to questions and provide thorough and timely answers. You deserve to know what I am doing to secure patent protection for your invention.
- Versatility: I maintain a versatile practice by preparing and prosecuting patent applications in a number of technical fields. My common sense and technical aptitude enable me to understand the complexities of your invention. Furthermore, I work with you to determine the type of patent protection that best meets your objectives. I can prepare a U.S. provisional application if your invention is in a crowded field and you need the earliest possible U.S. filing date. I can prepare and prosecute a U.S. nonprovisional application or a U.S. design application depending upon the unique qualities of your invention. I can also prepare an international application if you seek patent protection in other countries.
The First To File Has The Advantage. Get Started Today.
I welcome the opportunity to speak with you about patent protection for your invention. You should not wait to contact me. A delay in filing your patent application could jeopardize the procurement of your patent rights.